Saturday, April 25, 2009

A New Woman!!!!


Oh my.....I feel soooooooo good! After many tears shed and feelings of guilt, I let little Livi go to my parents for a "sleepover." Since breastfeeding has not worked and Olivia is getting formula, my parents begged to take Livi for a night. I cried for awhile after she left and kept on calling to check on her.......but I tell you what, 9 hours of sleep can do wonders for a woman! I feel sooooooo much better and ready to tackle my day! I have handled being a mother as I have handled many other aspects of my life.....I see a picture of how a "perfect" mother should be and beat myself up if I don't live up to that. I really need to let go of this idea of perfection and realize that I am Olivia's mother and she will love me just as I am and I also need to realize how blessed I am to have my family right here in town and take advantage of their eagerness to help. You would think I would have leaned by now how fruitless it is to strive for pefection! God made me how I am and He appointed me to be little Livi's mother....just as I am. ( :

3 comments:

Jess said...

Good for you! I have learned to let go of perfection with my kids and I think it has made me a better parent. Thank God for the support we can find in our families to help us survive parenthood!!!

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Livi is so beautiful, Anna! Congratulations!! What a sweet little girl. It's SO SO true that sleep can do wonders for a weary mother! :)

Samantha said...

Olivia is so cute! I'm so glad you're feeling better! SLeep is an amazing thing isn't it?!